HEMP Party NSW needs your ‘Declaration of Party Membership’ for registering the party to contest NSW State Elections.
Join the Federal HEMP Party online and return a paper form for HEMP NSW membership.
Details and links to all state print files are on the State Membership page.
New South Wales (HEMP NSW wants your form too)
- The NSW Electoral Commission only accept paper ‘Declaration of Party Membership’ forms.
- You will need to print the form, fill in your details as they are on the Electoral Roll and post the form to the HEMP Party Secretary via snail mail.
- In the box on the form; “INSERT FULL NAME OF THE PARTY AS REGISTERED OR TO BE REGISTERED“, please write; Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party
- Please pencil your email address on the back of the form or on a separate piece of paper so we can find your federal membership details on record.
PO Box 20177
Nimbin NSW 2480
Summary of the registration procedure for NSW political parties.
The HEMP Party is only registered as a Federal Party, at the moment. There is currently an attempt to register HEMP for state elections in Victoria. South Australia have enough members to apply for registration in their state too.
NSW is the most difficult state to register a political party.
Nearly half of HEMP’s members live in NSW and most of those are in the Northern Rivers region. As of July 2017, there are over 2,300 NSW members and less than half the required 750 paper forms have been collected.
Here are the main points in applying for state registration with links to the full details online.
The application form must be accompanied with;
- Party Constitution https://australianhempparty.com/about/constitution/nsw-constitution
- Registered Officer + optional deputy
- $2,000 application fee
- 750 paper forms and a spreadsheet of declared members
- A supplement of members for possible exclusions.
The NSWEC will check the electoral roll details of at least 750 ‘Declaration of Party Membership‘ forms then send each member a letter with a survey form to confirm your party membership and returned to the NSWEC in a reply paid envelope.
“If these initial checks are unsatisfactory or inconclusive, more detailed (and time consuming) checks may be undertaken. (NSWEC)”
Fifteen Months Prior
Parties wanting to have their party name on the ballot paper at the next election should aim to submit their application for party registration to the NSWEC at least 15 months prior to close of nominations for that election.
A State election is usually held in New South Wales on the last Saturday in March every 4 years. 30 March 2019 will be the next occasion.
A complete list of party registration forms are available on the NSW Electoral Commission website.
Handbook for New and Continued Registration of Political Parties in NSW
HEMP NSW on Facebook
Pages: Central Coast | Newcastle | Sydney
HEMP Party NSW
|Central Coast||Facebook Group|
|Mid North Coast||Facebook Group|
|Western Plains||Facebook Group|
Join the Federal HEMP Party online and return a paper form for HEMP NSW membership. Details are on the JOIN page.